Monday, November 10, 2008

Really, I planned on more than once per month...

I have not been updating this blog anywhere near as often as I'd hope. My life has been crazy busy these days.
  • My mom quit her job in Oman and has been living with me for the last month. She is leaving on Wednesday. Ask me in an email how loads of people at my school know that I didn't come home one night.
  • I have been tutoring several hours a week and am busy trying to keep up with Jans, my Dutch teacher. I am working hard at feeling more successful at Dutch including setting up an appointment every week with another student in my Dutch class to work on the homework. Also, there is a Dutch parent at my school who wants to do a language exchange, so I am trying. Nonetheless, keeping up in that class is a struggle.
  • I have been struggling in running, too with some injuries. I did a foolish thing and did some sprints without a proper warm-up and injured my quads. After that healed, I injured my IT band... This is beginning to sound like one of those Christmas letters old people write in which they give a summary of their health ailments. I am keeping at it and will be going to Portugal in the beginning of December to run a half marathon. As I said before, I am going to run a marathon in Rotterdam in April and am wondering what surprise visitors I will have.
  • I have planned a trip to go back to Jordan in January. Our Winter Break is weird (Dec. 22-Jan.11). I am planning to be in Dubai for Christmas and New Years and then going to Jordan for the Jan. portion of the break.
I love the comments and emails. Please keep sending them.

No comments: