- visited my mom in Salalah, Oman and spent the entire time at the Hilton on the beach, at the pool and ordering room service. She was quoted as saying, "We need luxuries and alcohol."
- started taking Dutch lessons...yes, you can ask me why the #$&* would I do that? I signed up to run a marathon in Rotterdam in April, so I am hoping by then, I will be able to more than ik heb een afspraak. Dutch is hard and I am seeking some Dutch friends who want to do a language exchange, but all of the Dutch parents I know from work speak English much better than native people from the South.
- I did a silly thing and ran sprints at Safa Park with only stretching first, which does not constitute a proper warm-up and totally injured my quads. I actually went to the doctor for it as I was having sharp, burning pain. Just this morning, I ran 20 minutes with no pain. Yeah!
- I bought my plane tickets for Portugal, but am planning to run the half marathon rather than the marathon. My body isn't ready yet.
- Work is going really well. It is so much better than last year.
- I am still actively trying to get friends from home to visit, but I just don't think it's going to happen.
- Thanks for everyone's comments and emails!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
What Have I Been Doing?
I've fallen behind on my blogging. This is what I have been up to in the last month with only bullet point descriptions:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's great to read your blog, Jess, and hear about all the excitement and speed in your life. I didn't realize you were such a runner!
yay for updating your blog. I love spying on you!
Post a Comment